Sunday, February 17, 2008

A found landscape...


I just returned from a couple of days out of town to discover my wireless service is back, sooner than expected. I'm happy!

I don't have anything very exciting to post, but I did want to share this miniature abstract "landscape." I botched the larger landscape I attempted in my watercolor class last week, but there was one section I really liked. When I got home I cut that section out and put it in a 5 x 7 mat. I like the moody, atmospheric quality.

7 comments:

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Congratulations on service restored! There is nothing like creative cropping to save a watercolor that didn't perform as expected. This one is lovely and loose and sort of "Wuthering Heights."

Sharon said...

Sherry, Yes! I had the very same image of Heathcliff striding along the moors...

Teri said...

I love this image! The mood is so solemn and quiet. Wow.

I love your loose watercolory style.

mARTa said...

Isn't found art wonderful? There is drama here! I love the colors as well. Beautiful!

caseytoussaint said...

This is really beautiful! I'm glad you saved it.

Tess Kincaid said...

This is beautiful! I am going to have to dig out my watercolors that have been buried away for about 20 years. I am inspired...

Alison said...

Reminds me of the top a windswept scottish mountain.