Sunday, June 29, 2008

The sweetness of a 3-year old...



We had a wonderful few days with our granddaughter Georgia and other family members. Georgia went on her first fishing trip this weekend, threw many rocks in the river, made watermelon smoothies with grandma and learned how to make pizza with her grandfather. She went for a hike, searched for frogs and snakes, threw produce scraps to the deer, splashed in her wading pool, painted and drew a bunch of pictures. She ate “bunny pancakes,” fried chicken, strawberry pie, and watched “Singing in the Rain,” cuddled in grandpa’s arms. The most exciting activity was watching grandpa remove a starling which had found its way down the stovepipe and was trapped in the woodstove. (This happened two days in a row!) And as my daugter-in-law pointed out, thus the meaning of the expression “bird-brain.”

A very good weekend for a three-year old and her adoring grandparents!

Tomorrow I'm going to spend time catching up on my favorite blogs and get the paints out...

6 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Awww. She is adorable! I agree, there is just something incredibly special and sweet about a three year old.

A Brush with Color said...

What sweet pictures of her! She really is an attractive little one! Great description of the visit. She will have wonderful memories of that. What a fabulous age that is! (I like her dresses.)

Laura Frankstone said...

She IS truly adorable! I'm glad you're having a nice summer, Sharon.

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie...how lucky you are!Lovely photographs, especially the one with hat, did you take them?
ronell

Sharon said...

Ronell, My daughter-in-law took the photos, using my new camera.

Chino Hills Countertops said...

Great blog I enjoyed reeading