Casey has tagged me - now it's my turn to tell seven random things about myself and pass it on to seven other bloggers. Here are my truly random facts...
1. A crazed part of me believes becoming an artist has less to with practicing every day than it does with finding just the right art book. I own a lot of art books.
2. I love the feel of fine linens and buy the best quality sheets I can afford. And if those freshly laundered sheets were to be dried on a line and put away in the linen closet with the scent of sunshine and summer breeze on them, it would provide a moment of perfection when they were put on the bed. ( I haven't really experienced this for years, but still vividly remember loving the scent of my mother's line-dried sheets.)
3. I detest bananas and the smell of ripe bananas makes me feel sick. My earliest memory of elementary school is of other children taking smelly, overripe bananas out of their paper sacks at lunchtime. But I love to paint them!
4. When I was in my twenties I spent five weeks in India on a spiritual quest of sorts and quickly became ill, losing 30 pounds during my stay. By the time I left the country I could only tolerate peanuts, buffalo yogurt and (yes, I know it doesn’t jive with #3) tiny, sweet Indian bananas. Spending time in India was fascinating and revealing. Mostly I learned the truth of the saying, “Wherever you go, there you are.”
5. Books are my passion and I read most genres, except romance novels. I read every day and walking into a home without books unsettles me.
6. I lived in Monterey, California during the counter-culture days of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s and still have my ticket stub from the Monterey Pop Festival ($10). My roommate decided to give her ticket away because she had never heard of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix or The Who, a decision I’m sure she lived to regret.
7. My first marriage was a serious lapse in judgment, but I did much, much better on my second attempt. Meeting and marrying my kind, generous and capable husband has profoundly changed my life. His positive and easy-going manner has provided a wonderful counterbalance to my tendency towards moody negativity and self-criticism.
Here are the seven people I'm tagging: Jana, Jess, Sherry, Christeen, Laura, Joan, Juj, If you have the time and inclination to participate, I'd love to learn more about you. I understand, if it doesn't appeal to you. If you've already responded to being tagged, please send me the link when you have a chance.