Tuesday, December 23, 2008

North to Alaska, er I mean Portland…

We’re loading gifts and food and heading north today to spend Christmas with our family in Portland. But not without some trepidation, at least on my part, as Portland has been hit with ten days of significant snow (for Oregon), freezing rain and generally treacherous road conditions. My ever confident husband isn’t worried (4-wheel drive, plus chains) but I am less sanguine about the plan. I guess we’ll find out. We really must show, because WE have the doll…

I wish you all a warm, cozy holiday, with good cheer, good friends, and delicious, decadent food. Who knows where we will all be this time next year, after the Masters of the Universe are finished with things...

(Photo credit: www.copyright-free-photos.org.uk)

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Best of luck getting up here! The interstate should be ok, the side streets in my area (southern burbs) are awful. You'll need those chains before the day is out, I bet.

Beautiful doll, by the way!

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Drive carefully, Sharon. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

Sandy said...

Wishing you safe Driving and merry holiday festivities and Yes the Doll rules!!!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

We are suppose to be in Portland for Christmas also, but we will wait now. Stay safe and warm. Merry Christmas.

laura said...

I can't wait to hear how the doll is received. We were all just talking last night about particular Christmases when all the kids were young and when they got something they particularly wanted or couldn't even have aspired to want! We remembered each reaction! The consensus all around was that there is nothing quite like seeing that joy in a child!

paris parfait said...

Hope you had a safe trip and are enjoying a wonderful family holiday.