Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bombay Sapphire

When I make a gin and tonic I use the least expensive gin I can find, because it’s really the flavor of the tonic water that appeals to me. A hint of gin is all I want in the drink.

Someone gave me a bottle of Bombay Sapphire dry gin for Christmas and told me I would never be able to go back to the bargain gin after tasting it. It does have a rich, complex flavor which, according to Wikipedia, comes from a recipe of ten ingredients: almond, lemon peel, liquorice, juniper berries, orris root, angelica, coriander, cassia, cubeb, and grains of paradise.

It’s good, but honestly, what I like the best about it is the gorgeous sapphire blue bottle it's packaged in.

Number of days until Bush's last day in office, and the end of my daily paintings: 18.

5 comments:

owenswain said...

All the best over the next 18 days. :)

A Brush with Color said...

Lovely blue bottle! I agree. I would use that as a vase. 'Course, I guess that means I'd be downing that gin pretty fast. I agree with you--I like a nice tonic water. I'll look forward to your art over these next days.

Spinneretta said...

I have to admit- the blue is what appeals to me too :)

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Mmm. Being a fan of both gin and vodka martinis, my dh often gets me a bottle of something nice for my birthday. Last year it was Bombay Sapphire gin; this year it's Gray Goose vodka. Every now and then it's nice to splurge.

Tess Kincaid said...

I buy a huge bottle every Christmas, because it is delicious, and secondly because the bottle is so beautiful.