Monday, January 12, 2009

It's a marvelous night for a moon dance...


Driving home from town last night, I was stunned by how beautiful the moon was - huge and glowing, with a large, luminous nimbus around it. It only got better as we left the city lights behind for the darkness of the countryside.

Apparently it's the biggest and brightest full moon of 2009. If it were just a bit warmer outside, a moon dance would certainly be in order...

Number of days until Bush's last full day in office: 7

4 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

This is a simply spectacular drawing...and it was simply a divine moon...I was out watching it for quite a bit...I love your glorious sky...a perferct capture of a wonderous night!

A Brush with Color said...

Oh, I love this! How the heck did you do that!? LOL Indeed, a marvelous night for a moondance. I feel certain Van Morrison would write another song about this!

June said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it! June

laura said...

I noticed the moon too--wish I had tried to paint it now that I see your painting, which is really wonderful, magic!